Installation Routine - Client
Installation Routine – Client
Before you begin the Install
- You will need to know the server name of the server that is hosting your Sift Enterprise environment.
- If the Query Manager Port and/or Streaming Port were changed from the installed defaults on your Sift Enterprise server, you will also have to know these port numbers.
The Enterprise Client should be unzipped to a Client machine. From the unzipped archive, click on setup.exe to install the Client.
A list, with the status of the prerequisites, will be displayed at the beginning of the installation. If any prerequisites are missing, a pop-up screen will appear with the necessary links.
- User Name
Installation Destination Folder
Query Manager Server Information
This screen allows the user to tell the client where the manager service is located. All information is required.
- Server - Name of the server running the Manager Service
- Query Manager Port - Port used to communicate with Server (default = 9001)
- Streaming Port - Port used to receive query output files (default = 9003)
Ready to Install Screen
User Account Control
After the Install:
The Sift Enterprise Client should be able to connect the Sift Enterprise Query Manager and process queries.
Steps for starting client
Go to Start Menu > All Programs > CRSP > CRSP Enterprise Client 4.3.21 and clicking Launch CRSPSift.
Alternatively: navigate to c:\Program Files (x86)\CRSP\CRSPSift 4.3.21 Enterprise Client\bin\ and click on SIFTWPF.exe.
- After opening the Client, available environments will be the same as what was scanned in during the Server installation: